Like any other organ, our teeth are equally precious in our body and they are essential for the overall health. So always have a regular dental check-up in order to maintain a good dental health. So, Dental care specialist in Mohali are available here to offer the best dental treatment.
If teeth (or tooth) are missing in your mouth, then it can affect your smile and you will feel conscious and embarrassed at some times. Missing teeth or improper alignment of teeth can sometimes lead to several problems such as difficulty in chewing and inability to eat some foods. In such case, it is better to look for a dental treatment. But which one you should choose- dental implants or dentures? To get an answer for this question, we are here to help you.
Let us begin with dental implants.
What are implants? Dental implants are the titanium posts that are surgically inserted into the jawbone beneath your gums. It integrates with the jawbone to create an anchor that helps to hold a replacement tooth. Once in place, they help your dentist to replace multiple teeth as well. They can also be used for supporting crowns, bridges, and dentures as well. There are several full mouth dental implants clinic in Tricity. You can get the tooth decay cavity treatment in Chandigarh or Mohali too.
Advantages of Dental implants-
• Dental implants provide a stable support for artificial teeth as they are fused to your jawbone.
• Dentures and bridges that are mounted to implants won’t slip in your mouth. Hence, it offers an important benefit while eating and speaking.
• Dental implants provide support to your teeth and give them a natural look as well as improve the functioning of teeth similar to the natural teeth.
• Implant-supported prostheses prevent gum irritation and pain which is otherwise a common problem in patients using removable dentures.
• It offers a long lasting solution.
Disadvantages of Dental implants-
1. As compared to dentures or bridges, they are initially more costly.
2. To do this treatment, multiple steps are required.
So it is all about dental implants. Now, it is time to discuss dentures.
What are Dentures? Dentures are removable prostheses with which missing teeth, as well as the gum tissue, can be replaced. There are two types of dentures- Complete or full dentures and partial dentures. In complete or full dentures, all the teeth in the upper or lower jaw (or in both jaws) are replaced. They rest directly on the gum. While in partial dentures, only missing teeth are replaced and they are supported by clasps around the existing teeth. You can easily find a best dental clinic in Mohali that offers flexible partial dentures service in Mohali.
Advantages of Dentures:
1. They offer the acceptable appearance of the replaced teeth because, in this method, newer materials closely replicate the natural oral tissues.
2. They offer an economical option to replace multiple or all missing teeth.
3. This is a non-surgical treatment option to replace missing teeth.
Disadvantages of Dentures:
1. Dentures display acrylic instead of actual gum tissue and hence, do not look as natural as in the case of implants.
2. They need to be removed and cleaned regularly. Also, you have to leave them out overnight to allow the gums to recover.
3. With dentures, you have to take care of what you are eating because there are restrictions on some food items.
4. Dentures may increase the risk of gum disease because they tend to trap food you eat.
As you have seen, dentures have several disadvantages; dental implants seem to be the best one for replacement of missing teeth. Also, dental implants give your teeth a natural appearance because they replicate natural tooth roots and preserve the jawbone and gums. On the other hand, if we are talking about dentures, they are not cost effective. No doubt, they may seem cheaper initially, but they do have a high overall maintenance cost.
So, we have discussed all about dental implants and dentures. Now, it is your turn to choose the best treatment option for yourself. Make a right choice.