Adults usually have 32 teeth. Out of these 32, 4 are wisdom teeth which are often extracted when they do not grow into the mouth well. The wisdom tooth extraction treatment in Mohali is available at affordable price. At the same time, replacement of missing tooth is also necessary because when you lose a tooth, efficiency decreases and function suffers. It is generally very unusual to have wisdom teeth replaced, but the remaining 28 teeth are important.
What happens if you do not replace a missing tooth?
Missing tooth can cause several problems which are discussed below-
1. Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency (Indigestion) – The back teeth play an important role in chewing food and contributing to initial stage of digestion. So, if your back teeth are missing, then they can cause indigestion. Missing back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster without chewing properly. So, replacement is necessary to avoid any digestion related problem.
2. Malocclusion (Improper alignment of teeth) – A malocclusion occurs due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. Each tooth plays an important role in keeping the adjacent and opposing tooth in place and hence maintains proper alignment of teeth. This alignment is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
3. Aesthetics – When back teeth are not replaced, there will b sinking in of the face that leads to a puckering. With the extraction of canines, face starts sagging due to loss of supporting pillar of face. You can actually start to look old once you start losing teeth.
4. Excess pressure on remaining teeth – Not replacing a tooth puts extra pressure on your remaining teeth. This additional workload can reduce the life of your remaining teeth. So, in order to avoid the loss of functioning of other teeth as well, better you replace your missing teeth. Best dental clinic in Panchkula offers best teeth replacement option.
5. Bone loss – The teeth help to maintain healthy bone as well. If missing tooth is not replaced then it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. In older people, increased bone loss is one of the reasons why implants are not possible. For the construction of dentures or placement of implants (especially in old age) good bone support is essential.
More you delay the replacement of missing tooth, more difficult it is to replace it later and the more expensive dental treatment it will turn out for you. So, to avoid such problems, it is better you replace your missing teeth in the earliest possible time period.