In dental terms, bad breath is known as Halitosis. It is not only a cause for health concern but also a cause for social embarrassment. The cause of your bad breath can be identified with help of your dentist and accordingly treatment can be given. If you are also suffering from the same problem, then you can get treatment at best dental clinic in Panchkula, Mohali and Chandigarh.
Causes of bad breath-
Bad breath can occur due to several reasons. The most common among them are listed here-
- Consumption of certain foods like onion and garlic contribute to bad breath.
- Bad breath often occurs due to infrequent eating, fasting or dieting.
- Dry mouth is also responsible for bad breath. This condition is often known as xerostomia. It results from the insufficient flow of saliva in mouth. This could be due to various systemic conditions, and also due to certain medications.
- Other shot reasons for bad breath involve the use of tobacco products and smoking. Your dentist may help you kick this habit.
- Sometimes, bad breath may indicate some medical disorders, such as respiratory tract infections or gastrointestinal disturbance.
Why is good oral hygiene important?
To eliminate bad breath, good oral hygiene is an important step, regardless of the cause. To maintain good oral health, regular dental checkups are essential. Checkups will help your dentist to identify and tackle any gum problems at an early stage. Persistent bad breath may be the warning sign of gum disease. Bleeding gum infection treatment in Mohali is available for people suffering from gum related problems. Thorough cleaning and maintenance of dental appliance are important if you wear any removable dental appliance.
Broken Tooth Treatment In Mohali – Your dentist may refer you to your physician if he feels your mouth is healthy. This is done to determine if the cause of your halitosis is systemic in origin.
In most of the cases, halitosis is of oral origin. In such cases, your dentist will be able to help you tackle this problem.
In the initial stages, gum disease can be reversed with basic cleaning and polishing. In severe cases, gum therapy may be advised to treat this problem.