Earlier, the best time for orthodontic treatment is thought to be in childhood. This is because, in childhood, our bones are pliable and due to this, results are easy to achieve and predictable. But now, gone are those days, when this treatment with braces was limited to children only. Now, modern dentistry has evolved to such an extent that adults of any age can get benefit from this treatment. Best orthodontic treatment service in Mohali is available for people looking for this treatment option.
What age groups can benefit with this treatment option?
There is no upper age limit to get the beneficial result of this treatment option. Excellent results have seen in the majority of people. But generally, the adults who are in age group of 25-40 years are seeking for this treatment option these days.
Different treatment options available-
- Metal braces: This option is the safe one and most economical too. They are there for last several decades.
- Ceramic braces/Clear braces: This method offers similar budget friendly results as that of metal braces. Most of the adults prefer going for this treatment option.
- Lingual braces: This option is not suitable for everyone. Also, the cost of this treatment option is higher than ceramic braces. Lingual braces are applied directly on the tongue side of teeth. They are completely hidden from direct view of any person in front of you.
- Invisible braces: These braces are completely transparent and removable appliances. You can wear these for most part of the day. But they are advised to be removed during eating. The cost of this treatment option is higher than lingual braces.
Duration of the treatment-
The duration of this treatment option varies from person to person. But in the majority of cases, results can be achieved within 6 to18 months.
Specialist for this treatment-
Braces specialists are known as Orthodontists. An orthodontist is a dentist who has undergone special training in a dental college and spent additional three years under the guidance and acquired M.D.S degree. You can find specialists of orthodontic braces in Mohali Tricity.
Care tips for your teeth during braces treatment-
You have to take extra care of your teeth if you are undergoing braces treatment. Some of the care tips are listed below-
- Regular mouth rinsing
- Brushing twice daily
- Inter-dental brush
- Drink excess water
- Regular visit to your orthodontist
How to proceed with treatment?
It is better to visit your dentist if you think you have any issue with the alignment of your teeth. You may be having under bite, overbite, cross bite, jetting, supernumerary teeth, deep bite and many other issues. Your dentist will guide you according to your condition.
To start the treatment, your orthodontist will take your face and mouth pictures and request old photographs. Depending on your condition, he may ask for full mouth x-ray / OPG, lateral cephalogram, models of your teeth or other things. Your orthodontist will ask you to come every 3-4 weeks at his clinic to change the wire. He will make adjustments to tune movement of your teeth in the desired position. You can undergo braces treatment at a best dental clinic in Mohali.
What happens after treatment?
When your teeth have moved into the desired position, then braces are removed. Your teeth are then scaled and polished. Most of the patients have to wear a retainer for some time. A retainer is a kind of non- visible appliance that holds your teeth in the desired position. This will prevent your teeth from going back to their original position.